Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Toddlers: Not For the Faint of Heart

Stop me if you've heard this one before. The Triumvirate had just finished up their breakfast and I was lulled into a false sense of security because Dora, The Explorer (The "Explora") was on. The problem here was that things were quiet. I mistakenly attributed this lull in the action to the fact that Dora had been mistaken for the Snow Princess and was asked to help find the real Snow Princess so she could smile into the Crystal before the witch's spell turned the Magic Snowy forest back into a desert. It clearly had me pretty enraptured.

That was until I heard a crash. Not just any crash, but one that sounded like a magic crystal breaking, but, you know, in real life. I didn't think I was going to smile into this one. Then I heard one of my twin son's say, and I'm fairly certain that evolution has evolved two year old's voices to evoke a visceral response in the mother when they hear this particular set of syllables come out of their toddler's mouths, "Uh oh".

Click Here to Continue


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...